Comprehensive Metabolic Panel Blood Test
Test Code: 10231 Specimen Type: Blood Comprehensive Metabolic Panel Blood Test A Comprehensive Metabolic Panel Blood Test is an extensive screening test for evaluating organ’s function and electrolyte balance as well as help in diagnosis of diabetes, liver disease and kidney disease. With Comprehensive Metabolic Panel Blood Test, people receiving treatment for kidney or liver condition can be monitored. The Comprehensive Metabolic […]View Details
4 Great Reasons to Buy
Test Code: 10231
Specimen Type: Blood
A Comprehensive Metabolic Panel Blood Test is an extensive screening test for evaluating organ’s function and electrolyte balance as well as help in diagnosis of diabetes, liver disease and kidney disease.
With Comprehensive Metabolic Panel Blood Test, people receiving treatment for kidney or liver condition can be monitored.
The Comprehensive Metabolic Panel contains all the measurement in a Basic Metabolic Panel and most of the same measurement as a Hepatic Function Panel and a Renal Function Panel.
A Comprehensive Metabolic Panel includes the following tests:
- Glucose:High sugar level is indicative of a number of conditions including diabetes.
- BUN ( Blood Urea Nitrogen) : This test evaluates the kidney function.
- Creatinine: Used for kidney function evaluation
- BUN/Creatinine Ratio: This calculation is only provided if BUN measurement or Creatinine are out of expected values or on the condition that the person tested is under the age of 19.
- Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate (eGFR): Used to detect kidney damage in its infancy.
- Sodium, Potassium, Chloride, Carbon Dioxide Total: An imbalance of electrolytes can indicate a number of problematic conditions including dehydration, Addison’s disease, kidney disease, and Diabetes
- Calcium: Normal levels of calcium are important for strong and healthy bones, heart, nerves, kidney and teeth.
- Protein, Total: Helps in measuring the function and nutritional status of the liver and kidney
- Albumin: A protein essential for healthy liver and kidney function
- Globulin: A protein that aids the body in its fight against infection and promote proper blood clotting.
- Albumin/Globulin Ratio: Can identify various liver problem when combined with other result
- Bilirubin, Total : Identify conditions such as anemia, sickle cell, hepatitis, cirrhosis, alcohol, and drug abuse
- Alkaline Phosphatase ( ALP): It is used for detection of liver disease or bone disorder
- Aspartate Amino Transferase (AST): Used in the evaluation of liver function. High level of AST indicates Hepatitis.
- Alanine Amino Transferase (ALT): Use for identification of liver damage.
A Comprehensive Metabolic Panel is usually done as part of a routine health check. It is advised to be taken when a person experience symptoms indicative of problematic condition of liver and kidney.
Results Comprehensive Metabolic Panel are typically returned within 1 business days. We take every precaution to ensure you receive your results on time.